Job DescriptionThe Lead Technical Architect will provide architectural insight and direction for Enterprise Growth Technologies and support all new and existing Foreign Exchange Services products and processes. This role will be responsible for the technical direction of platform(s) and/or set of applications, within a portfolio, providing consulting expertise, leveraging business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business value.
· Plays an integral role in building and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the platform(s) and/or set of applications, in terms of scalability, availability and efficiency.
· Works with Technical and Business Architects to ensure developments support the business and overall IT strategic plan
· Provides architectural thought leadership on new development projects and strategic initiatives that influence the technical investment of the platform
· Responsible for ensuring that the engineered environment meets the specifications in terms of business requirements, application design, and infrastructure requirements (i.e., accountable for the performance and efficiency of platforms)
· Partners with the Technology Strategy & Operations organization in determining a practical adaptation of enterprise standards through informal feedback sessions · Interacts with business partners to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery
· Ensures that supported platform(s) meets the business, technical and infrastructure needs by over-seeing the health and well-being of the technical infrastructure
· Ensures that the following technical design documentation is completed to a high standard:
- Asset Management
- Strategic Design
- Technical Roadmap
· Provides architectural governance - reviewing projects to ensure alignment to architectural and technical strategy
· Provides guidance and support with SAR activities
· Owns and provides guidance on Exceptions and the overall process
· Reviews estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy
· Advises Project Management resources on the best time to engage dependant teams (e.g. database management teams)
· Manages (monitors and addresses) third party work in terms of quality and adherence to standards
· Ensures accurate asset information is recorded/documented for the platform/application supported
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience) is preferred.
· Typically has experience in multiple IT disciplines with a proven understanding of architectural concepts (data, technical and solution), issues and trends.
· Experience with Foreign Exchange, Prepaid products and Serve are strongly preferred. · Familiar with architecture frameworks (i.e., TOGAF).
· Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
· Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology and an excellent understanding of industry trends and tools
· Proven expertise with interactive technologies and development specifically with web based architectures including, J2EE, Java, Oracle, DB2 .Net, etc. ·
Proven ability to integrate across technology platforms (i.e. mainframe, midrange, distributed)
· Proven ability to lead a team in a matrixed environment on multiple and concurrent projects while mentoring and
· developing technical team members and colleagues
· Ability to drive results with an emphasis on reducing cycle time and increasing speed to market of new products
· Excellent Communication Skills - Verbally and in writing
· Effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment
· Strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution
· Delivering business value using creative and effective approaches
· Possesses knowledge about industry best-practices in solution delivery disciplines · Demonstrates a strategic viewpoint ·
Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Please mention you found this opportunity on CoastalWestSussexJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with CoastalWestSussexJobs.com