American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing Quality, and Software Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our team!
· Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to engineers on testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes.
· Creates and executes test scripts, assists in preparation of test strategies, sets up and maintains test data & environments as well as logs results.
· Updates flows of services while testing.
· Provides maintenance of the regression suite and creates & executes automated test scripts.
· Platform SME who drives quality at application level, identifies new opportunities and drives Software Engineers to deliver highest quality code.
· Executes against the test strategy defined at the portfolio level.
· Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing.
· Involved in the review of the user story backlog and requirements specifications for completeness and weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations.
· Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios.
· Develops test plans, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity.
· Develops manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements.
· Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing.
· Generates test data to support the requirements and test case for various test phases - Builds and maintains Testing Automation process and execution.
· Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes for the team.
· Monitors and tracks resolution of defects.
· Designs, monitors, and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status.
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques.
· Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
All successful candidates will be required to complete our background verification process, including criminal checks prior to start date.
· Experience in IT, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects.
· Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC Experience in working with HP Quality Center and testing automation tools.
· Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms is a plus.
· Education and Certifications Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
· Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus.
Please note that currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. As the role will ultimately be based in Burgess Hill, all applicants will be required to commit to being based in Burgess Hill for their application to be progressed.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or +44 (0)116 2421776.
Please mention you found this opportunity on CoastalWestSussexJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with CoastalWestSussexJobs.com