American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express GNICS-T is looking for energetic, high-performing Senior Software Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver high quality, innovative Loyalty products and services at a rapid pace then please apply to join our team.
Senior Software Engineers that join our Technology team can be assigned to one of several Agile teams that are developing new Loyalty capabilities that are deployed in over 30 international markets. You will Lead the design and development of software and systems for customer-facing and business applications and/or internal end user applications. You will lead the Design and Build of software that meets the needs of the business and improve upon it through operational ownership and regular releases.
• Owns all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications,
• Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems,
• Functions as Senior member of an Agile team and helps drive consistent development practices – tools, common components, and documentation,
• Mentors engineers, and may have management responsibilities over 2-3 engineers,
• Typically spends 50% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases,
• Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains,
• Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing,
• Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement,
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies,
• Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability,
• Works closely with product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products,
• Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
Please note that currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. As the role will ultimately be based in Burgess Hill, all applicants will be required to commit to being based in Burgess Hill for their application to be progressed.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
“All successful candidates will be required to complete our background verification process, including criminal checks prior to start date.”
• Software development experience,
• Significant Pega experience is essential with Pega Certification: CPBA, CIS, CSSA or similar being highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers,
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods,
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate,
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing,
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions,
• Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems,
• Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation,
• Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities,
• High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software,
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases,
• Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages,
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or +44 (0)116 2421776.
Please mention you found this opportunity on CoastalWestSussexJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with CoastalWestSussexJobs.com