American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Technical Project Managers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual, Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for cardmember targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering Knowledge Management solutions to thousands of users worldwide, supporting multiple business lines. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: .
· Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance.
· Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases.
· Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports.
· Assigns development resources to activities, and monitors performance across resource channels.
· Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
· Manages, and appropriately escalates, delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives.
· May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts, and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
· Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented.
· Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past.
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
· This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
All successful candidates will be required to complete our background verification process, including criminal checks prior to start date.
· This high energy Technical Project Manager must have:
technical project management experience.
· Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility.
· Strong coding experience; Ability to get into the code with team members and drive to solutions.
· Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality.
· Experience managing project budgets and reporting.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers.
· Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively.
· Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams.
· Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
· Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
· Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
· PMI certification is a plus.
· Scrum Master certification is a plus.
· Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus.
· Experience working with Knowledge Management systems, ideally Oracle/InQuira Knowledge Management is a plus.
· Experience working with Linux and Java- based web applications, optimizing JVM performance, and/or working with Oracle databases is a plus.
Please note that currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. As the role will ultimately be based in Burgess Hill, all applicants will be required to commit to being based in Burgess Hill for their application to be progressed.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)116 2421776.
Please mention you found this opportunity on CoastalWestSussexJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with CoastalWestSussexJobs.com