American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Quality Assurance Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools, and suites of web-based applications for cardmember targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering Knowledge Management solutions to thousands of users worldwide, supporting multiple business lines. You will be challenged with ensuring that the team delivers the highest quality of code.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to engineers on testing and Quality Assurance (QA) methodologies and processes
• Works with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
• Responsible for managing the definition, implementation, and integration of quality principles into the design and development of software and IT processes
• Involved in the review of requirements specifications for weaknesses in function, performance, reliability, scalability, testability, usability, and security and compliance testing, and provides recommendations
• Plans and defines testing approach, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks in project schedules or test scenarios
• Develops test plans, testing resource requirements, and overall scheduling of testing activity
• Responsible for developing manual and automated test cases and configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements
• Executes test cases/scripts to ensure delivery of quality software applications
• Monitors and tracks resolution of defects, coordinating with engineers in order to prevent, report, and resolve
• Designs, monitors, and analyzes quality assurance metrics such as defect, defect counts, test results, and test status
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
“All successful candidates will be required to complete our background verification process, including criminal checks prior to start date.”
This high energy Quality Assurance Engineer must have:
• Experience in IT, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
• Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
• Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
• Experience in working with testing automation tools like JMeter, HP Load Runner, HP Quality Test Professional, HP Quality Center, open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse, and preparation of automation test framework
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
• Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
• Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
• Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
• Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus
• Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, HTML5, DB2, XML, and Mainframe Cobol) is a plus
• Knowledge of web security and encryption technology is a plus
• Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
• Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
• Experience working with knowledge management tools such as Oracle / InQuira Knowledge Management is a plus
Please note that currently the American Express Technology team is based in Brighton whilst our premises in Burgess Hill are refurbished. As the role will ultimately be based in Burgess Hill, all applicants will be required to commit to being based in Burgess Hill for their application to be progressed.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)116 2421776.
Please mention you found this opportunity on CoastalWestSussexJobs.com website.
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact this employer directly, as their advertising agreement is with CoastalWestSussexJobs.com